Monday, October 27, 2008

2008 Election Choices

After a great deal of research, I have come to the conclusion that the following will likely be my choices in the 2008 elections:

President of The United States of America: Barack Obama

Federal House of Representatives, Utah District 2: Jim Matheson

Utah Governor: Jon Huntsman, Jr.

Utah Lieutenant Governor: Gary R. Herbert

Attorney General of Utah: Mark L. Shurtleff

Treasurer of Utah: Richard K. Ellis

Utah State Auditor: Auston G. Johnson III

Utah House of Representative District 37: Linda Cooper

Utah State School Board District 8: Trent E. Kaufman

I post this list amidst feelings of social unease - politics has quickly become a taboo subject in many circles. While it should not be a subject discussed in some situations, it should not be a taboo subject. I post my probable choices in an effort to: 1) Demonstrate that I have a choice, 2) Encourage others to vote, 3) Encourage others to do their research before voting, 4) Express my opinions, and 5) Express my support for certain issues.

As I have mentioned before, no candidate is perfect. This is especially apparent to me in the list above. Each and every person above holds ideals that I agree with while at the same time holding ideals that I disagree with. I choose these people because their stance on issues which I consider most important at this time in history agree with my stance on those same issues.

Do you know who you will be voting for? Feel free to e-mail me or post a comment below if you would like information on how to research your choice in the upcoming elections.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've solidified my choices as well.

It took quite a bit of reading, but I think I'm set:

http://blog.agrtek.net/nolan/2008/10/30/how-im-voting/